Client Groups and Locations
- I currently work primarily with adults, by consulting with individuals and organisations.
- At present, my work with children, adolescents, and families focuses on cases where EMDR therapy is appropriate.
- While my practice locations are described below, during the COVID-19 pandemic I am providing video and phone consults (telehealth).
- I also offer telehealth support for those affected by the 2019-2020 bushfire crisis, and for those living in rural/remote areas.
- I use a secure, privacy compliant telehealth platform, doxy.me. If we have a telehealth booking, reach me here.
- I consult from NiCE MiNDS, suite 12A, Broadway Fair, 88 Broadway, Nedlands WA 6009. niceminds.com.au
- Parking at the centre is free for the first hour with a ticket. Please enter from Broadway, park on the upper level of Broadway Fair Shopping Centre, and walk straight through to the top level. Our rooms are on the left.
- I consult from the Kalamunda Therapy Centre, suite 5, 4 Canning Rd, Kalamunda WA 6076. It is near the roundabout, next to the vet. kalamundatherapycentre.com.au
- There is free parking at the centre.
Therapies and Areas of Interest
Approaches I use include:
- cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT)
- EMDR therapy
- schema therapy
- mindfulness-based therapies
- compassion-focused therapies
- positive psychology
- interpersonal process
I am informed by:
- interpersonal neurobiology
- attachment theory and attachment-based therapies
- trauma theory and trauma-informed therapies
- evidence-based practice: informed by research
- practice-based evidence: refined by experience
My areas of interest include:
- working with empathic and highly sensitive people (HSP) – those with the sensory-processing sensitivity (SPS) trait; see hsperson.com/test
- working with people interested in wellbeing, engagement, growth, and/or performance in life, including:
- professionals & corporate leaders (current and future executives and managers)
- medical & health professionals
- business owners & community leaders
- academics & university students, and
- sports people & performing artists
- eating disorders
- body image issues
- stress & burnout
- adjustment issues & life transitions
- self-esteem issues
- relationship difficulties
- chronic health issues (e.g., chronic pain, diabetes, asthma, heart disease)
- obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- bereavement, grief & loss
- anxiety, including general, health, social & performance anxiety, & phobias
- trauma & PTSD