Approach and Experience
With a warm, empathic approach, I enjoy helping people connect with what matters most to them in life.
I have extensive experience:
- working with children, adolescents, parents, adults, and older adults,
- in rural and metropolitan contexts,
- in private practice and the public sector,
- with public service work in child protection, community mental health (across the child & adolescent, youth, adult, & older adult streams), inpatient mental health (both youth & adult), and community drug and alcohol services.
My qualifications and professional affiliations are:
- BSc(Psych) Hons(1st class) GradCert(ResearchCommercialisation) MPsych(Clin) PhD MAPS EMDRAA
In addition to having worked across the metropolitan and Wheatbelt regions, I grew up in the Perth hills and have a strong affinity for the bush. I have travelled widely, and love WA’s natural beauty and wildlife.
- In my PhD I examined the efficacy and effectiveness of Kabat-Zinn’s mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) program in promoting mental health and wellbeing in a sample of adults from the community who did not have mental health diagnoses.
- My doctoral research also evaluated the psychometric properties of two recently developed mindfulness measures using factor analysis, comparing those with and without mindfulness meditation experience.
- Dreher, C. (2009). The Efficacy of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction in Promoting Mindfulness, Psychological Health and Well-being. Bentley, WA: Curtin University of Technology School of Psychology.
I have contributed to the following National Eating Disorders Collaboration publication:
- Watson, H. J., Elphick, R., Dreher, C., Steele, A., & Wilksch, S. (2010). Eating disorders prevention and management: An evidence review. Crows Nest, NSW: National Eating Disorders Collaboration.
Presentations and Supervision
I have given numerous presentations on various topics in psychology to community and professional groups.
I am a board-approved supervisor and have experience since 2014 providing supervision to provisional and registered psychologists.